Friday 9 August 2013

Strewth - I'll go to the foot of our stairs


Today been a day full of suprises, starting this morning with this strange bird  in the hedge, that is until it moved a bit and turned into a juvenile Starling!
 
 


the while this Woodpigeon looked on, why do they always appear to look thick?
 
 

then it was out to the moth trap wherein lurked this Swallow Prominent, an unusual one for my garden
 


also in the trap was this handsome shield bug
 

and an unusual view of a Lesser Broad Bordered Yellow Underwing, whoever named it didn't have to write it very often, I reckon
 

this worn Swallowtail looked like a piece of tissue paper
 

and a Buff Arches, one of my favourites
 

 
this white spotted pug a new one for me, tiny blighter isn't it?
 

the highlight of today was an afternoon fishing trip to Cottington with young Mathew
 

first a little Roach
 

then a reasonable Carp
 

and then..... blimey what's that up in the sky??
 

 
 Coo-er, yes it is, no doubt at all, what's it doing over here??



don't think I've ever seen a Black Stork in the UK
 

 

Well well well

No comments:

Post a Comment