Monday 30 March 2015

2 CONTRASTING DAYS

On Saturday Mathew and I set of from Martin Mill in the whoosh
 


 
On arrival, we walked from St Pancras over to King's Cross, the suburban side. My how it's all changed since my train spotting days in the late 50's and early 60's - and then traipsing round various exotic places while doing my training from '63 to '67



The trains too, are very different, Matt was pleased to see that "skip" in the background 
 

 
and so to the Ally Pally - I was last here in about 1964 or 65 for the Building Exhibition


Even the view from this smashing viewpoint has changed - oh dear, maybe I'm showing my age
 

 
We enjoyed a Bratwurst from this old Citroen dressed up to sell German Sausages, though the lady wasn't amused when I ordered ours in German (pretentious twit)


 
About 99% of the visitors were of a "certain age", as you may see


The Palace itself was beautifully maintained and worth the trip in it's own right
 






At the left-hand end of this view the London Eye was just visible
 

I decided not to bore you with model railway pictures, and instead to share a very pleasant visit this morning to Covert Wood near Barham, where there were 2 singing (if that's the right description) Chiffchaffs. I love seeing Primroses in late winter woodland, where they belong
 

It was a pleasant surprise to find these early Wood Anemones, one of my favourite wild flowers



 
And I can't resist showing the beautiful light in among the trees again
 

 


 
Oh, all right then, here's a train set (sorry, model railway), don't get too excited! 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment